I focus on lifestyle factors like diet, activity and stress management. As a Certified International Health Coach, I bring the expertise, guidance, coaching and support you need to achieve your specific health goals.
I studied with the world’s top health and wellness experts including:
- Joshua Rosenthal, founder and director of the Institute for Integrative Nutrition
- Deepak Chopra, MD, leader int he field of mind-body medicine
- David Katz, MD, MPH, director of Yale University’s Prevention Research Center
- Walter Willett, MD, DrPH, chair of nutrition at Harvard University
- Andrew Weil, MD, director of the Arizona Center for Integrative Medicine
- Gabrielle Bernstein, bestselling author and life coach
- Susan Blum, MD, MPH, assistant clinical professor at Mount Sinai School of Medicine
- Mark Hyman, MD, founder of The UltraWellness Center
- Geneen Roth, bestselling author and expert on emotional eating
- David Wolfe, raw food leader and nutrition expert
- Marion Nestle, PhD, MPH, professor at New York University’s Department of Nutrition, Food Studies, and Public Health
- Mark Bittman, food writer for The New York Times and bestselling author
- Joel Fuhrman, MD, family physician and leading expert on nutritional healing
- Rubin Maiman, PhD, Director of Circadian Health Associates, Sleep Specialist, Author
- Andrea Beaman, Natural Foods Chef, Television Host, Author
- Arianna Huffington, Founder and CEO of Thrive Global
My expertise and education have equipped me with extensive, cutting-edge knowledge in holistic health coaching, nutrition and maximizing lifestyle choices for greater health and well-being. I understand the role and impact that relationships, exercise, career and spirituality have in the quality of your health. I am dedicated and passionate about working from a faith based holistic approach. I support the whole person. Together, we establish actionable goals that restore balance and launch sustainable lifestyle changes for continued transformation and success that empower and strengthen every are of your life!
Legal Medical Disclaimer
Health Coaches bridge the gap between wellness professionals and their patients, helping clients develop strategies to enact real, lasting changes that enhance overall wellness. The role of a Health Coach is not to diagnose, treat, or take responsibility for bringing about wellness changes in a client’s life; rather the Health Coach guides and supports the development of and progress toward the client’s personal wellness goals.
As defined by the laws of the State of North Carolina, they do not fall under the same category as a dietitian or nutritionist. In North Carolina a health coach is limited to providing general non-medical nutrition information. In 21 NCAC 17.0402 nutrition information is defined as non-fraudulent nutrition information related to food, food materials, or dietary supplements which is designed for one or more healthy population groups and is based on valid scientific evidence, reports, and studies. Nutrition information is not based on an individual nutrition assessment as referenced in G.S. § 90-352 or medical nutrition therapy as referenced in 21 NCAC 17.0101(11) and is not individualized to provide nutrition care services to prevent, manage, treat, cure or rehabilitate a medical condition, illness, or injury for a specific person or group as referenced in G.S. § 90-352 and 21 NCAC 17.0101(12.
A few examples of services and information within the scope of practice for a health coach in North Carolina are:
- Demonstrating how to cook food;
- Sharing information regarding personal experience with dietary and nutritional choices;
- Providing information addressing the recommended amounts of essential nutrients;
- Providing information on healthy eating and healthy snacks;
- Discussing carbohydrates, proteins, fats, vitamins, minerals, and water as essential nutrients required by the body;
- Providing statistical, scientific information, regarding the correlation between chronic disease and the excesses or deficiencies of certain nutrients; and
- Providing non-fraudulent information about nutrients contained in foods or supplements.